Monday, January 23, 2012

Just because I can....

Sometimes we do things just because we can. And so it was on Friday when I reinvented myself from the neck up and got hair extensions. My hair has long been something I wished I could do something about -- I inherited my mother's fine, thin hair and no amount of any special product could make it look more than thin and fine. Growing it long was an exercise in futility, especially in the winter when the static monster took over!

So I did it. Such that it is. It's longer than I thought I would have it, but it's rather neat right now. I may cut it a bit more later, but for now I'll just play with it and see what happens.

As for the Biggest Loser contest, I'm still losing. I'm down another 8/10ths of a pound for a total in two weeks of 2.5 lbs. I haven't weighed in back at the gym yet because we had one of the granddaughters on the weekend, and between that and getting my hair done, I just didn't get there.

However, I earned 30 activity points last week! One solid hour of Zumba is worth 11 points, but I only count 10 because I'm not really going full-bore for the entire 60 minutes that I'm teaching. I used up some of my weekly extra points last week, but still had plenty to spare by the end of Sunday.

This week's goal is to make it to the gym at least twice, on top of my two Zumba classes. We'll see how that goes -- it's the week before report card marks are due and there are comments to be submitted. But I should be able to squeeze an hour or two extra just for me!

2 comments:

  1. keep'r going!(how much is that new hair weighing?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea, Laeta. I probably should have weighed myself before and after so I could count that in this week's stats! I bet they're more than a couple tenths of a pound though! ;)

    ReplyDelete